Skype if one of the most popular videos conferencing applications used for business and corporate meetings and sometimes individual purposes. It provides free calling features and runs on internet connectivity.
It has other interesting features other than video chatting and video conferencing. One of the trending features among Skype users is the capability to share Skype screens during video chatting with office clients or friends. This feature works well and provides the best output that attracts a number of users. The complete process of sharing screens is very straightforward as you have to perform simple workarounds by hitting some of the tabs on your device.
Pursue these steps to know how to share your screen on Skype.
Sharing Skype Screen on PC
Follow these steps to understand how to share Skype screen easily:
- First and foremost, begin your video conferencing by choosing the particular contact just from the Recent Chats listing.
- Then, hit the phone logo situated at the uppermost right-hand side edge.
- Next, press the double squared “Share Screen” logo situated at the hideaway toolbar of your screen. This point depends on your video calling, and you have to make sure that the Recent Chats section is hidden.
- In case, the subsequent pane of recent Chats remains expanded while making a video call; then you shave to hit the “More Options” menu icon placed at the hideaway toolbar.
- Then, hit the Share Screen tab from the prompt out menu section.
- After that, the Share Screen interface replaces your Skype calling screen temporarily. In case you are viewing a single screen; then it is likely to have only one window. In case you are using a PC having multiple screens, then hit the display that you wish to share and then hit the Start Sharing tab.
Note: You will also view a toggle to run the video on your PC with effective features.
- Now, your Skype Screen is ready to share with other members of your choice. You will view a mini red line encircled around the selected display. It signifies that the video is streaming with your contact.
- In case you are using a Pc having more than two screens, then you are able to toggle between the available screens.
- Hit the tab, “Screen Sharing Options or More.” You have to choose based on your existing viewing.
- Now, hit the option “Switch Screen or Window Entry” from the prompt out menu box.
- In case you wish to stop the screen sharing features, then hit the double display logo and then choose the option “Stop Sharing.” It will be available on the prompt out menu option. You should use the same method on calls with the Recent Chats section disabled.
- In case the recent calling section remains open while making a call, then hit the menu tab “More Options.”
- After that, press the option Stop Sharing from the prompt out menu.
Sharing Smartphone Screen on Skype
Here are the steps on how to share the phone’s screen on Skype calls.
- First and foremost, choose your desired contact for beginning the call.
- Next, hit the Phone logo situated at the uppermost right-hand side edge.
- Once the video call starts to stream, then press the display to launch the menu icon placed at the bottom right-hand side edge. Hit the symbol to open another hidden menu.
- Now, press the Share Screen tab parked at the lowermost right side edge of your screen.
- After that, go to the next screen and then hit the Skype listed option.
- Then, hit the “Start Broadcast” option there.
- Now, run your device in normal mode.
- In case you wish to stop the service of screen sharing, return to the Skype home page and then hit the Stop related option.
I’m Marco Nixon. I am a specialist in information security and digital forensics with over 5+ years of experience. Expert with a wide variety of security, networking, and operating system software. I’m interested to write about Cybersecurity, malware, the internet, and new media. He writes for office security products at office.com/setup.