If you are relatively new to the world of search marketing, you might have heard the term ‘SEO content.’ So, what exactly is SEO content that an SEO company offers? Read on to find out.
SEO refers to Search Engine Optimization. It is the process of optimizing the website so people can find it easily through search engines like Google. Content applies to any information that lives on the web and can be consumed via the internet. Therefore, SEO content is any content created to attract search engine traffic. To create SEO content, you will need to research your keywords. Keywords will help you generate traffic through search. And to optimize these keywords, you need to know how to use these keywords in your content for maximum searchability. The material on your site should be organized in a logical way too. And this content should be promoted via social network and link buildings for maximum effect.
Different types of SEO content include:
- Product pages: This is the bread and butter of eCommerce websites. A right product page can serve both as SEO content and as a PPC landing page.
- Blog posts: You can create blog posts to create a regular stream of effective SEO content. Blog posts are engaging and can more links than product pages. This is one of the great ways to build authority for your site.
- Articles: This is the main kind of content you will find in most newspapers and magazine-style websites.
- Lists: These are similar to pieces but are framed in the form of a directory which makes it easier to scan. Titles like “10 ways to increase your productivity” or “6 hobbies to take up this quarantine,” make them more clickable when found in search results or social feeds.
- Guides: A guide is a long-form content on how to do something. You can post the complete guide on your site, or you can post an excerpt and require visitors on your site to fill out a registration form to read the complete guide. This is a great way to generate leads. But putting up a registration wall will likely reduce the amount of SEO traffic you can drive to that guide.
- Videos: Creating videos instead of articles can make it easier to rank on the first page for a competitive keyword. Depending on your business, you can create videos to attract an audience. Videos based on how to use your product or offering help when your audience is stuck with something, are some of the great ways to reach and attract a significant audience.
- Infographics: Infographics are images that contain a lot of information on a single subject. These can rack up a lot of page views & links. But since a lot of content is embedded in the image & therefore not readable as text by search engines, it is important to optimize the rest of the page carefully.
Developing an SEO content strategy:
There are four steps to defining and refining your SEO content strategy. They are:
- You should set your goals first. Are you focusing on driving sales or monetizing via ads? Your goals will determine the type of content you should be focusing on.
- Research your target audience. Make use of analytic software to learn more about your audience. Think about what kind of content your audience will reciprocate with.
- Create a content calendar that will help you stick to your regular schedule as well as prevent you from “last-moments” to come up with a topic.
- Keep analyzing your content to refine it further. Learn from stuff that doesn’t work and what works. Eventually, you will be set up with a robust SEO content strategy.
This is all you need to create and optimize content for SEO. It is simple, easy, and requires a keen eye for excellence. Follow these rules and find your website ranking on page 1 soon enough! If you still find it tough, considering hiring the best SEO company in India!