Every Echo Dot has a unique MAC address, just like computers have IP addresses. You may need to find the MAC address in some cases since it is essential for network connectivity. Here, we’ll show you a few steps to take so you can find your Echo Dot’s MAC address. We’ll also explain why you might want to know about it.
Echo Dot Mac Address: where can you find it?
Media Access Control is also known as MAC. Your device is uniquely identified with a series of 12 numbers and letters. A Block ID consists of six characters, while a Device ID has six characters. Block IDs are unique to each manufacturer, while Device IDs are the device’s model and manufacturer data. Both IDs can be found in both the MAC address and the IP address.
You can find your Echo Dot’s MAC address in a few minutes by following these steps:
- Install the Amazon Alexa app on your phone.
- Access your Amazon account by signing in.
- Check if your phone is connected to the same wireless network as the Echo Dot.
- On the Echo Setup screen, scroll down until you see the MAC address.
On the settings page, you will also find the MAC address of the Echo Dot:
- You’ll have to start the Alexa app.
- From the left-hand navigation menu, select the Alexa icon.
- Click Settings.
- Go to the Device Settings page.
- Scroll down and select Echo Dot.
- Scroll down further and select About.
- At the bottom of the page, you should see the address. There will be 12 characters in the address.
Echo Dot Mac Address: how do you find it without Wi-Fi?
If you do not have Wi-Fi access, your only option is to look at the original packing to find out the MAC address. You can follow these steps if you still have your Echo Dot box:
- View the box’s bottom.
- You’ll need to find the smaller barcode.
- Next to MAC address will be 12 characters. The barcode should be near the DSN number.
If you have problems locating the MAC address you can try calling Amazon Alexa support.
What is the purpose of knowing my Echo Dot MAC Address?
MAC addresses are crucial for several reasons:
- Identification and date of manufacture of your device
- necessary for communication with the Wi-Fi network
- and helps to make sure that the network workings
- Connects devices wirelessly without requiring them to be connected to an Ethernet cable
You can use your Echo Dot to establish a connection to the Internet using the MAC address if your Wi-Fi is enabled. Alexa can also understand your voice commands when it is enabled.
There are a few situations in which knowing your MAC address can be useful:
- Amazon may ask for your help to solve a problem with your Echo Dot if you are having trouble with it
- after a software update or after upgrading its license
- to include a different MAC address
Change the Mac Address of Echo Dot
There are multiple reasons for changing the MAC address, including:
- If your current MAC address isn’t allowed on the network you want to access
- When you use public Wi-Fi, you don’t want your MAC address to be visible
- You want to change your MAC address because someone has learned it
Using an Echo Dot presents most of these issues only if you decide to use it outside of your home. When taking an Echo Dot to a hotel or other location without a private Wi-Fi connection, users choose to change the MAC address.
Installing software that allows you to change your MAC address on your computer is the most convenient way to do it. The software will give your Echo Dot a new address at random. Here are instructions on how to change it manually.
If you have no experience changing MAC addresses, you may want to reach out to Amazon and see if they can help you. If you think your Echo Dot has been hacked for any reason, you should contact Amazon.
SAIFSMART Wall Mount Echo Dot 3rd Gen Holder
- Save space and safe your dot: An excellent option for mounting your dot 3rd generation directly on the wall. The long cord can be hidden, saving space on your counter. Make sure your dot is protected from accidental water damage and that it is not accessible to children or pets.
- Better sound experience: Keeping the speaker horizontally on the wall will ensure it is easier to hear the sound and more easily the command will be noticed, as no furniture or other items will block the dot. It is a completely open design, with unobstructed microphones and speakers.
- Speaker wall mount: This product is designed for Dot 3rd generation devices only (the device is not included). It is not compatible with Dot 2nd generation devices.
- Secure and stable: Holding your dot securely in place is possible with micro clamps. With its secure triangular structure, your dot remains steady even if you install it upside down.
- Elegant design: Cable management built into the system. The perfect way to connect your device in a bathroom, kitchen, or bedroom. Your dot speaker becomes an elegant part of your home decor with its aesthetically pleasing design.
This is the first wall mount in the market designed specifically for the Dot 3rd Generation. Cover the cord perfectly on the back of the holder with the cord and wrap it around the reel. By doing so, you’ll save counter space and maintain a neat and tidy appearance. The mount is an essential accessory for the Dot 3rd Gen. Uses the Original Equipment Power Adapter to hide the lengthy cord on the back of the mount Avoid damage to the wall when hanging on the outlet.
Note The Dot 3rd generation and original power adapter are the only ones compatible with this case. It is not compatible with the Dot 2nd generation!
Also Read, How To Amazon Setup Echo Dot
It is possible to find your Echo Dot’s MAC address for several reasons, but in most cases, it is so you can update the MAC address if necessary. In the Amazon Alexa app, you can find your MAC address with ease. Just go to Settings > Echo Dot > Device settings. There should be 12 characters in it and it should appear at the bottom of the About page.