Event planning consists of special gathering of people for various purposes like celebrations, educational meetings, promotional events, and commemoration functions. These may be totally business-related events or friendly gatherings. Party business seems to be fun business but actually requires hard work similar to any other business. You just have to help people in event organization business and see everyone enjoys with your work. Event planners assist in organizing the event by various tasks like:
• Researching: This includes gathering information about the event.
• Event designing: Selecting an appropriate theme for the event.
• Location: The place where the event will be organized is very important for the success of the event.
• Food arrangement, decor and entertainment facilities
• Transportation at an event: Assisting the attendees to reach the venue, comfortably and within the time limit.
• Inviting attendees: Sending proper invitation to the associated people.
• Accommodation if required: Arranging accommodation facility for the attendees.
• Supervising: Keeping an eye on the whole event for the proper functioning of each component of the event.
• Event evaluation
All these activities depend on the size and type of event. Co-working space in Kuala Lumpur has rapidly grown.
Why is it necessary to hire event planners?
The main reason to hire event planners is to get professional expertise and time plan for a successful event. These event planners are those individuals that started in a particular aspect of an event. They start by working in other companies and then finally starting up their own business.
To start your event planning business you need to get certified from a university in event planning management. The major 5 aspects of event space startups are:
1. Identify your skills thoroughly : The main personality skills required for event planning are: extrovert, social, and creativity to tackle the shifting tasks needed to plan a successful event. Event planning is not for an introvert person or a person who wants to work sitting on a desk. A highly witty brain with quick response is required to prosper in the business of event planning. Teamwork and on field working are the basic requirements of event planner. This business requires working in given limited budget, following a given schedule, communication with people and providing best event. Business envisions, planning and execution must be done properly in this business.
2. Obtain required certifications: A successful event business needs valid certification. Your clients will only trust you if you are a certified event planner. Formal certificate solidifies your work experience and is able to gain trust of your customers. Certified courses help you to learn new techniques and strengthen your basics.
3. Targeted marketing for success: Always focus on the main target of people who will be directly or indirectly in contact with your business. Identify the main market for your business, focussing on industry based programs or niche people for the organized events. These events can be:
i. Celebrations like festivals, fairs etc.
ii. Educational programs like conferences.
iii. Promotional events like product launching.
iv. Commemorative events like memorial civic events.
Start from a niche audience and then expand your business.
4. Evolve your business plan: Start a business plan and regularly evolve it with your business. Alter the business plan with increase of your business. The business plan deals with:
i. Cover page
ii. Introductory summary
v. Operating strategy
5. Legality of your business: Follow the laid governmental guidelines related to your business. Register your business and acquire the related business licenses, insurance coverage. Never let legal issue to affect your business.
Bio: The team at Colony aims to challenge the dreary and mundane offices that represent our workplaces today with beautiful serviced offices and coworking space. We develop the modern office for various businesses’ and rent it for event use.